We have been talking about this Thomas and Friends stage show for weeks!
Being the Thomas fan that Wayne is, when we saw the advertisements for this show, we knew we couldn't possibly not bring him to the show. And boy, are we glad.. cos firstly, Wayne enjoyed it tremendously and secondly, we discovered that Wayne was no longer scared!
Scared of what, you are wondering? Well, Wayne grew up being always afraid of anything with loud music or large crowds. So from young, concerts, church services, wedding dinners, performances (even those at shopping centers) all got him screaming away. Even when I was booking the tickets for this show, I was a bit apprehensive, unsure if he would even want to go into the hall. We took a gamble, and I'm glad that not only did he not say he was afraid, he participated in everything that the Fat Controller asked the kids to during the show! Momma was so proud of Wayne.
It turned out to be a really enjoyable musical, for mommy and Wayne at least (I caught daddy falling asleep during the second half of the show.. tsk tsk! =)). Wayne sang along to the many Thomas and Friends songs (thanks to the many hours he spends on the iPad), swaying his body and clapping his hands. And when the Fat Controller asked the kids to shout out to the engines, Wayne shouted the loudest. He really enjoyed himself.
 |
| Ready! Running towards the hall with his Thomas bag. |
 |
| Buying a Thomas watch before the show |
 |
| That's him clapping his hands and singing along to the Thomas songs |
 |
| Big boy - he wanted to present the tickets himself |
 |
| Got his hand stamped |
 |
| Seat numbers checked by the usher |
 |
| Waiting for the show to start |
 |
| On his booster seat, happy |
And here are some of the other photos we took that day before the show. After 'depositing' Amanda at nai nai's, we headed to the airport for lunch. Really appreciate time spent alone with Wayne, as sometimes we get too caught up caring for Amanda that we neglect him. Sometimes, he just wants to talk to us and I hate that I'm not able to give him my 100% and listen to him. I'm cherishing days out with him like this!
Love you, Wayne!!
No comments:
Post a Comment