Here I am at the Schipol Airport at Amsterdam, waiting for my flight home. I had the whole morning free, having ended all my meetings yesterday. I came early to the airport, and I'm now in a bar having my breakfast - quite cool eh, a bar in the airport. After being away from the husband and kids for 4 days, I am really missing them. While I had a good trip, my heart is always with my family. I just feel.. strange.. being away from all of you. Each time I picture the kids faces in my mind, I feel that warm fuzzy feeling in my heart and I can't wait to give both of them a big hug. What surprised me this trip, was that I missed the husband even more. I really do love my man.
It dawned on me that in just a few days, three quarters of the year would be over. I am smiling. It has been a good year thus far. Amanda has brought much joy to us with her addition into the family, she is a really funny girl. She has grown so much - isn't the first few years filled with countless milestones! But that, I will keep for another blog entry. Wayne as usual, has been the sweetest darling. He is now such a big boy, a mix of independence and a boy craving and needing mommy's attention and love at the same time. I love you both so very much.
Though I have needed to travel a lot more this year, something I wasn't looking forward to at the beginning of the year, I have survived it quite well and I'm overall thankful for my current job. I was initially worried I won't juggle the traveling well, but I am thankful to both sides of our family for the all the help in caring for the kids. Thank you yeye, nainai, ah por, grandma and grandpa for the relentless support, I know how tiring it has been. I am grateful I have all of you around, without which I would probably be stressed out, neither doing well at work nor with matters at home. I have two more short work trips to fulfill in October and November and I'd be done for the year! And with our family holiday to Perth end of October, I have much to look forward to! Looking back, its amazing, I realize I've made an overseas trip every month except for April. Next year's schedule would be much better. I hope we can squeeze in more family trips.
The number of blog posts I have managed to clock the past two months has also dwindled much, I have been kept really occupied but for a really good reason. The past two months have just been awesome. Happiness level at its max, with Mich, Terry and Gabe back for five weeks. Every weekend has been packed with fun activities for the kids, eating and catching up with each other. We had mom's 60th surprise birthday party for her, our family get-away to Phuket, numerous breakfasts/dinner/waterplay/shopping sessions. With 3 kids in the family now, everyone has been kept really busy. And with Lucas on the way, next year's family gatherings will be chaotic. Happy chaotic, I hope. Haha.
Well, its time to go, I will be home in another 14 hours. The kids and husband will be asleep when I arrive. I can't wait to snuggle in bed with you all. With all my love, mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment