After more than a week of absence from preschool (on quarantine for as long as korkor was away due to his HFMD virus), the first day back turned out pretty well with her crying for a mere few minutes when daddy dropped her off. A quick update from her teachers mid day provided much assurance, amidst my busy work day interrupted by worried thoughts on how she was coping. It was much to my delight when I saw her running out from her classroom laughing away, a clear sign of her settling in well in school.
Instead of rushing through routine like I normally do, I paused to chat with her teachers this evening and was glad I did so as I heard stories of how very cute she was in class. Often, these stories revolved around her appetite, and today was no different. Laoshi shared how at snack time after she finished all her blueberries, she sat quietly eyeing all the remaining blueberries in her friend's bowl. When she could resist no longer, she started saying phish phish ("please") to the poor boy beside her, called James, and must have been elated when James shared one of his blueberries with her. Each time she finished one, she'd go phish phish at him again and well.... before poor James knew it, she ended up having all of his blueberries.
I was so amused because this little girl.. not even knowing how to speak, could still manage to kapok all her friend's blueberries just with her one word phish. Well, I guess there must have been a reason why the word please is known as the magic word.
No comments:
Post a Comment