Ever since Wayne joined pre-school three years ago, his year-end concert has undoubtedly been one of the most looked forward event in my calendar. This year, I had double the reason to be excited, with both Wayne and Amanda performing. So excited I was.. I had butterflies in my stomach the night before. Because it was Amanda's first year performing, it just added to my build up of nervous anticipation! While I knew Wayne would perform like a pro, just as he did the previous two years, I had totally no idea how Amanda would fare. Well, turned out.. she was just as splendid as her kor-kor Wayne. I was beaming with pride as I watched the both of them perform. I was so proud, emo me had tears streaming down my cheeks, which initially I thought was quite extreme until I spoke to fellow mommy friends and realised its common to feel this way - they all teared as well!
Another highlight of this year's concert was the inclusion of the K2s graduation ceremony for the first time. In the past years, the K2s graduation was held at a separate event together with the rest of the other Mindchamps centres. Although Wayne was not part of the graduating batch, it brought much pride to mommy and daddy watching the K2s graduate as we have sort of watched them grow since three years back. I love how the ceremony was conducted, with personal touches added. It certainly was quite a touching moment for both the champ as well as their mommies and daddies.. Wayne has just one more year left in the school. He has grown to love his school and teachers and has grown so attached to his gang of friends. We are indeed very happy with how he has progressed in school, and am glad we made the right choice with Mindchamps.
We could see how much effort the teachers and champs had put in for this concert, from all the artwork at the entrance to the smoothly coordinated concert, all of them deserves a huge applause. Well, we showed our support by having so many of our family members cheering the champs on. Nine to be exact. Haha, as usual, I think Wayne and Amanda had the biggest entourage clapping for them.
And for both their awesome performance, it was sure worth it!!
Starring Amanda in 'Heal the World'
- little angel was so awesome, centre stage and able to remember all her dance steps. Right till the last moment, when she spotted mommy in the audience and burst out crying "I want mama", much to the laughter of the audience.
I must have watched these videos over and over again, and each time it still makes me laugh and laugh, be it Wayne's funny dance moves or Amanda's crying moments. Enjoy!!
Forever your biggest fans, mommy & daddy
And lastly, pictures of Wayne with his teachers and best buddies in school!












No comments:
Post a Comment