I blogged about our worries over Wayne's extra tooth some time back.
After waiting for six months, finally oh finally, his permanent front tooth has decided to make an appearance.
Most people would have noticed how 'funny' his two front teeth were, the left really tiny and the right gigantic, made to look even more so because of its position beside the tiny right one. If you read the previous post, I explained about how Wayne had this extra tooth (how lucky?!) that came in between his milk and permanent ones (drank too much milk when he was young, extra calcium 🤔).
We were caught in a dilemma whether to extract it out (he'd be bogeh if the permanent tooth decides not to make an appearance) or leave it until we see signs of the permanent tooth making its way (he'd have to live with the size differential of this two front teeth and even if the perm tooth comes out, because there was another tooth in its way, it may not come out straight).
Well, we decided on the latter and yay! , since the permanent tooth has in recent weeks been trying to squeeze out from his gums, we finally had his extra tooth extracted. So that's done, and the next worry is really whether we did it quick enough to allow his tooth to re-adjust its position back to how it should be - straight. Currently it is protruding both sideways and a bit outwards.
I have to mention the extraction. Unlike the last round where we extracted his milk tooth, which was already shaky anyway, this was more complicated. This tooth had roots, wasn't the least bit shaking, and involved him going through two injections before Dr Chin could bring on the pliers. I squirmed just looking and had to turn away when I saw the size if the syringe (and I'm not someone afraid of injections). It took a while before Dr Chin successfully extracted the tooth, and I must have held my breath for as long.
What tickled us was when Dr Chin tried to explain what he was doing to Wayne. He tried to use kiddy language for fear of bringing up scary words like injection lest it frightened him, so he was like 'so Wayne, I'm going to have to give you something to put your tooth to sleep' and Wayne was like going point blank 'Are you giving me an injection now?'. Yeah, big boy he is now. Can't kid him.
Wayne was wonderful, he closed his eyes throughout, held our hands tightly and stayed really still following the instructions of Dr Chin. What a far cry from just a few years back, when to my horror he spat at one of the lady dentist in protest of one of the procedures. Daddy was so proud of him that he immediately received a big Nexo Knights Lego set.
So for now - let's wait for his tooth to fully make its way out and he'll have not one, but two gigantic front teeth!
No comments:
Post a Comment