True to my womanly instincts, HK and I stared at the two vertical lines on the self test pregnancy kit… I tested positive, I was pregnant! We had a flurry of emotions... Panicked for a while. We were totally caught by surprise. We didn’t know how to react, we didn’t know what to feel. I just remember feeling really scared. And, HK trying to be brave in front of me but deep down I knew he was feeling scared as well. After all, we didn’t plan to have a child until after two years later. And having a child is not like getting a new toy where you can chuck it aside after a while. It’s the responsibilities, commitments and the total change in lifestyle that you will have to face up to. And, HK and I have only gotten married for 4 months!
Well, HK has always been the more logical one of us both, explaining to me why we should have the baby - his way of calming me down. After thinking it through, scared as we were, we just didn’t see any reason for us not to want to continue the pregnancy. Perhaps now thinking back, it seemed the only logical choice, but when the realization that I was pregnant sank in, it just didn’t seem as simple as it does now thinking back. But I’m glad we feel this way now. It took us one whole night to calm down and realize that yes, we are going to be parents soon!
Well, HK has always been the more logical one of us both, explaining to me why we should have the baby - his way of calming me down. After thinking it through, scared as we were, we just didn’t see any reason for us not to want to continue the pregnancy. Perhaps now thinking back, it seemed the only logical choice, but when the realization that I was pregnant sank in, it just didn’t seem as simple as it does now thinking back. But I’m glad we feel this way now. It took us one whole night to calm down and realize that yes, we are going to be parents soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment