Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections of 2011

I haven’t been blogging much of late, and without realizing it is already the last day of the year, and it only seems apt to have a closing 2011 blog post to take stock before the next year slips in.

2011 has been eventful to say the least. It has been the most mentally draining year for me, for as long as I can remember. Then again, our lives have always been rosy and on an uphill trend for the past years and I guess at some point one year has to pale in comparison, and the year was 2011.

From the very first start till the mid of the year, HK had somewhat of a mental breakdown over his health. Till today we don’t know why it happened but it did and I’m glad it’s over. Thinking back, I wonder how I managed to stay strong. There were nights I cried myself to sleep and never felt more alone than ever. HK had always been my pillar of strength and support and I relied on him emotionally tremendously. Having that pillar gone, and having to stay strong for him and Wayne, was a struggle but I managed to. It broke my heart seeing the person I love most in that state and I’m just so glad he is well and happy and again the man I adore and look up to with all my heart.

There were many other downs for us this year, there was Gabe’s diagnosis and heartache of seeing him have to go through an operation at such a tender age. It was such a stressful period for all of us, waiting for news of Gabe and the worry and concern we had over Gabe, Mich and Terry. I’m so glad we are now enjoying watching Gabe grow up and getting to know him and pray God will continually bless him in this life of his. Of course, all of us will always be there for this precious addition to our family.

Then came dad’s fall and operation, minor as it may sound now, we were so worried for him then.

And then I had a miscarriage in August, which after a few months now, still brings back some painful thoughts.

Just when we thought that was it for the year, HK’s mom then had to go for a heart procedure done in December, which got us all worried as well.

Having said all these, we still have a lot to be thankful for in our lives. A lot revolving around Wayne, experiencing the many firsts in his life and the joy of seeing his smile each day.. and of course our little new addition on the way. HK and I still have each other by our sides, we have our family, friends, people dear to us. HK also came to know God in 2011, just a little, but it’s a start. If you ask me, even as I close this year, the one thing I’m most grateful for in my life is HK. I love him so much and am so thankful, good or bad, he’s here with me. I thank him for loving me the way he does, each and every single day, with his “deepest love, fullest devotion and tenderest care”.

And as the year comes to a close, we can only look forward to a new year, and be excited over what it’ll bring us. So with this last blog entry for the year, I wish everyone a very happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment