Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another on the way

Finally am feeling much better these days, and we are thrilled to announce that we have another little precious baby on the way. It has been a stressful first 3 months, with me on bed rest for 3 weeks, worrying too much most of the time and feeling really awful from the morning sickness. It was a total different experience from Wayne's time.

Just into my 2nd trimester now, and I’m in much better spirit. The morning sickness has gone away, I am feeling happier and my appetite has improved greatly. Most importantly, I’ve been able to relax a lot more. I’ve stopped being paranoid and am less worried about another miscarriage now that I’ve crossed the first trimester.

I’m now getting more and more excited about this little baby inside my womb and can’t wait to see my tummy get bigger. Little Wayne has been such a darling, loving baby as well. ‘Good morning baby” he’d go, in the mornings, as he lay his head gently on my tummy. Mommy’s sure he’d make a splendid big brother.
HK and I are so thankful for this little baby.

Below’s a journal of the first trimester visits to Dr Lee and my thoughts:

I'm pregnant! - 20 November 2011

I remember rushing to HK telling him excitedly "Oh my gosh, I'm pregnant dearie!!". It was kind of unexpected as it was my first ovulation cycle after the miscarriage and we werent really trying for a baby the very first month. But it happened, and we were so delighted! Excited yet cautious, we decided not to be too excited over it, lest we got disappointed. So for the meantime, it was mommy's and daddy's little secret. But it brought a smile to mommy's face each time I thought of it and touched my still flat tummy.

Gynae Visit #1 - 30 November 2011 : 5 weeks and 3 days

First visit to Dr Lee was just to take a blood test as it was too early for any scans. Brought Wayne along, he was a good boy. Mommy had wanted to show Wayne the baby on the monitor, we’ll do that the next time darling. =)

Gynae Visit #2 - 9 December 2011 : 6 weeks and 5 days

I was a bundle of nervous wreck before this first scan. After the previous miscarriage it was just so frightening to go through the scan. I dreaded Dr Lee's words "I'm a little worried here..." which still seems so fresh in my mind despite it being almost 4 months since. Thankfully this time it went well. Huakai and I are so thankful. Baby is now 6weeks and 5 days, sac is growing well and of the right size. I am recovering well from the miscarriage procedure and all the stats look good. Thank God! Still wary & extremely careful till the first trimester is over, I can't stop worrying.

Gynae Visit #3 - 23 December 2011 : 8 weeks and 5 days

Third visit to Dr Lee's at 8 weeks got me all nervous again. So stressed was I that I couldn't help being paranoid the night before imagining all sorts of scary scenarios that could play out the next day.

At 8 weeks and 5 days, baby was at 9 weeks and 2 days. Growing faster than its 'age', which is a good sign. However, Dr Lee got me worried when he told us that that blood flow to the baby didn't seem as apparent as it should be at this age. Perhaps it was the position of the blood cord, or perhaps the cord was thinner than normal, resulting in the low visibility of the blood flow. And baby's heartbeat was not as loud as it should be. But Dr Lee said not to worry as baby's growth was good and movement very strong, all good signs that outweighed the negative factors. But how could I not worry???

On another note, I got a whole new set of medicine and supplements to take. All these pills are scaring me. Feel like puking just looking at them. I haven't been eating well at all. In fact lost 0.2 kgs since my last visit. This pregnancy has really been tough. All day, I'm feeling nauseous and bloated. Not to mention tired, dizzy and generally just feeling down and uncomfortable most of the day. I've been given MC to rest at home but staying home all day doing nothing, hasn't been helping my mood much. On the other hand, going out has proven too taxing for my body. I really hope this morning sickness will be gone by the 12th week.

Before leaving, I again asked Dr Lee if he was worried. He said no, but somehow that offered little assurance. I foresee I'll end up visiting him yet again the next week just for that added comfort.

Little sweetheart, be strong for mommy ok. Loving you.

Gynae Visit #4 - 3 January 2011 : 10 weeks and 2 days

Only one word to describe our fourth visit to Dr Lee - reassurance.

You see, the night before I had some bleeding. My worst nightmare. I associated bleeding with miscarriages, which was exactly the symptom I had when I had my previous miscarriage. It was a public holiday that day, but still I called Dr Lee on his mobile asking if that meant I had a miscarriage. He said no it’s just a sign of weakness, told me to take another progesterone pill, rest and see him the next day. I did as told, took another pill, rest but cried myself to sleep the whole night. I thought it was over.

So there we were the next morning, mommy bracing myself for any bad news. Took my weight, oh dear, lost another 1.5kg. Another bad sign, that’s again what happened after my miscarriage. Then waited for the all telling scan. Daren't look at the monitor at all. Then I heard "Baby's moving well" ... Phew... Big big relief. And from then, I relaxed as Dr Lee showed that baby was doing well, heartbeat very strong now, and bloodflow was good. All my worries were gone in that 10 minutes. Thank you God. In fact, baby was 11 weeks and 2 days in size, one whole week bigger! Yay.

Still there was the bleeding to be concerned about, so Dr Lee ordered progesterone injections and bed rest for the rest of the week. As for my weight loss.. Dr Lee asked HK to feed me more. I liked how he said that. Like it was the hubby's responsibility to feed the wife. Nice. Not my fault. =)

Just another 2 weeks to go before I reach the first trimester. The point where the risk of miscarriages reduces significantly. I can’t wait.. and I pray everything will go smoothly. And hopefully, by then, my morning sickness would have gone away, please please don’t let me be one of those unfortunate few who experiences morning sickness throughout their entire pregnancy!! I want to enjoy my second and maybe last pregnancy, as much as I did for my first!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment