Having to 'jostle' with the one thousand and one other Dragon baby mommies, finding a confinement nanny itself was a challenge. Thankfully, managed to confirm one through one of the confinement nanny agencies. Eased my mind off one thing.
Was intially quite stressed over where I should have my confinement done, given that our current place is so tiny. Finally we decided on a 'stay-out' nanny.. one that comes only from 9am to 6pm. It was more expensive than a stay-in nanny surprisingly... cos as the agent explained, the nannies are from Malaysia and needs a place to stay for the 'stay-out' arrangement. A difference of $400.. but thats fine as this would allow us to have the confinement at our current place, which really is the most practical choice, given that Wayne's school is in Paragon and daddy's office is in town. That would minimise travelling time for daddy, meaning we all get more rest and get to spend more time as a family which would be really important in the first month.
We figured a 9 to 6pm help would be good enough, mainly to help me with my 3 meals, herbal bath and bathing the baby. Dinners and laundry for the whole family would be included , plus maintaining the cleanliness of our home too. I intend to breastfeed baby so that bit would be taken care of, and hopefully I can also manage with taking care of baby by myself as much as possible, like changing diapers and putting baby to sleep. I just prefer to be the main caregiver for my baby, hopefully I'd be as strong as three years ago, able to cope with the lack of sleep and two hourly feeds. Hoping I would recover as quickly as I did from my Csection wound too.
And after the one month confinement is over, we'll probably try 'tingkat' food for dinners so that our meals are taken care of. With that, I think we should be able to cope pretty well. Hopefully! I hope I'm not under estimating everything here, with 2 kids to care for. Many of my friends are amazed we dont intend to get a domestic helper with 2 kids.. and those with kids are already saying we'd surely change our minds when baby number 2 comes along. We'll see.. =) But for now, its still a no.
I choose to think its because I have the best husband in the world who willingly helps me with so many things, like washing the bottles, dishes, house, changing the diapers, bathing the kids and etc! Haha! We'll see. Meanwhile, I'm just excited and looking forward to having our new addition to the family!!! Four in the family. Feels like such an achievement. =p
No comments:
Post a Comment