How quickly the second month went by.
The first week was mainly spent going out - tea time with mommy, dinners with daddy and Wayne, grandma's birthday celebrations, Wayne's school excursion, brunch on weekends.
The second week, daddy fell ill, so mommy was left to fly solo looking after Amanda alone. Still we had plenty to look forward to and keep us busy (and tired!). There was the gynae check up, Amanda's first month check up, visiting the grandparents at their homes, meeting up with Uncle Terry who came back from Japan, a manicure session for mommy and we even sprung a surprise visit to daddy's office that week. We also started our tiffin dinners this week.
The third and last week, mommy started my Jamu massages so we've been to grandma's house quite a bit. The sessions left me in a binder which I had to leave on for 6 hours daily, so it made going out really inconvenient. Still, we managed to squeeze in a shopping and coffee session, visiting Auntie Limin who had also given birth 8 days apart from mommy, catching up with Auntie Yuwen, sending Yiyi off at the airport as she leaves for her two month Europe trip, strolling by the river with the kids on weekend and having a "Wayne-only" day out to indulge him as we felt we were neglecting him ever since the arrival of Amanda.
We don't have much of a routine as each day we seem to be out and doing different things. But generally, momma bathes you after your 10am//11am feed and you go into night time sleep mode after your 10pm night feed where unlike in the day, you don't need any patting or soothing to sleep. You fall asleep on your own once we put you down and that is the case all the way till your 9am feed.
Unlike the first month when mommy had help looking after you, planning my time now becomes very important so that we can make it out of the house in time during the day and maximize time spent with you. 10pm to 9am are the best time to get things done - doing things I need to (household chores) and want to (blog, surf net) - as that is when you are sound asleep. Yes, that is mostly in the middle of the night and wee mornings.
I'll throw in the first round of laundry after the 10/11pm feed, and since one laundry cycle takes about three hours, the laundry would be ready by your next feed at 2am or so and that is when I fold the laundry. Cycle repeats as I throw in the next round of laundry.
I try not to go back to bed after your early morning at 7am. I wash up, have my breakfast, do a bit of washing, magic-clean the floor, blog or surf the internet. It is hard to do all these during the day as it is hard to predict when you will wake up or fuss to be carried, and besides during the day in between the feeds I also need to squeeze in time to bathe you, have lunch, express milk, wash the dishes, bottles and pump parts. One of these in between each feed already brings us to late afternoon, and we either wait for daddy and kor-kor Wayne to be home to have dinner together or we would go to Paragon to fetch Wayne and daddy home. Days when we go out together, it just means mommy's day is squeezed for time just that bit more but it makes mommy happy.
And so, day after day, that is how mommy watches you grow that bit older, that bit bigger. With a smile on my face, no doubt.
Unlike the first month when mommy had help looking after you, planning my time now becomes very important so that we can make it out of the house in time during the day and maximize time spent with you. 10pm to 9am are the best time to get things done - doing things I need to (household chores) and want to (blog, surf net) - as that is when you are sound asleep. Yes, that is mostly in the middle of the night and wee mornings.
I'll throw in the first round of laundry after the 10/11pm feed, and since one laundry cycle takes about three hours, the laundry would be ready by your next feed at 2am or so and that is when I fold the laundry. Cycle repeats as I throw in the next round of laundry.
I try not to go back to bed after your early morning at 7am. I wash up, have my breakfast, do a bit of washing, magic-clean the floor, blog or surf the internet. It is hard to do all these during the day as it is hard to predict when you will wake up or fuss to be carried, and besides during the day in between the feeds I also need to squeeze in time to bathe you, have lunch, express milk, wash the dishes, bottles and pump parts. One of these in between each feed already brings us to late afternoon, and we either wait for daddy and kor-kor Wayne to be home to have dinner together or we would go to Paragon to fetch Wayne and daddy home. Days when we go out together, it just means mommy's day is squeezed for time just that bit more but it makes mommy happy.
And so, day after day, that is how mommy watches you grow that bit older, that bit bigger. With a smile on my face, no doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment