Friday, June 13, 2014

Rochester playhouse - fun and not-so-fun

Somewhere along the past few months, I realised how independent Amanda has grown to be. No longer the baby requiring our attention 24/7, she is now capable of playing by herself and doing many other things herself for that matter. This afternoon, as we spent our time with the kids at Rochester Playhouse, watching her play independently with her kor-kor Wayne while we took a back seat further made me realise so. She is just growing up so fast! Wayne was still a baby even at three! But this little girl, she's slowly losing that baby-ness for sure, and I think its half attributed to gender and half being the second child, having kor-kor as a model for all things good and bad.

Rochester Playhouse was pretty much heaven for the kids. Wayne exclaimed it was awesome before he stepped in, and said the same even after we left the place. For us adults though... it was a whole different story which I'll come to in a minute. There was an indoor playground for the younger kids, which because we didn't bring our socks along and they didn't sell socks on-site, we didn't explore. The kids in any case, had their eye on the outdoor area the moment they stepped in. There were various water play equipments, a trampoline, and lots of slides, see saws, swings, cars and motorcycles for the younger ones. 

We practically had the whole area to ourselves, which after one visit, knew why. There was just so many mosquitoes there! I think among the 4 adults and 4 kids that day, we had at least a 100 bites. Grrrr. I was so bothered by the itch, I just couldn't wait to leave. Even Gabe was so bothered by the bite on his neck, that he couldn't enjoy himself. And, second reason why there was hardly anyone there - the food and coffee was terrible. We ordered pizza and some drinks, and they were all bad. I read online that the food wasn't good, and it sure wasn't. 

So, sadly, I don't think I'd be back even though the kids enjoyed themselves much. The mosquitoes alone are enough to keep away.  I very much prefer the indoor playgrounds.

Here are some of the colourful photos of the kids at play:


















And I can't end this post without mentioning a proud big brother moment, which made mommy extremely proud of my little five year old son. See this photo above? The three kids were playing together in this area when this young boy snatched the doll Amanda was playing with and told her "You can't play with this here". Wayne saw and without any hesitation, firmly marched to him and told him "Don't be mean to my sister!".  Proud mommy silently cheered him on for being the wonderful protective brother he is! Way to go, Wayne! 

No comments:

Post a Comment