When we started Amanda in pre-school, we were prepared for her to fall sick, just as Wayne did in his initial months (or year, actually). Prepared as we were, we still didn't expect the frequency to be this often. It has been two months, and I think she has been in school for only half the time, even contracting the HFMD virus just after a month. One week in school, the next week ill. The cycle seems to continue. In the last 3 weeks, she has had fever twice. And in between the two rounds of fever, her running nose and cough persisted.
Of course, the husband and I have been exhausted looking after her and stressed at having to ask for help amidst busy work schedules. Even when there was help, for which I'm always grateful, having to cope with the disrupted and few hours of sleep has been taking a toll on work. The worst was when Amanda woke at 2am and didn't sleep till 6am. I went to work the next day feeling like a zombie, and that it was an already-stressed work week with multiple deliverables and meetings didn't help. Like a chain effect, it brought my productivity down, which meant taking longer hours to complete a task at hand, resulting in me having to work at night after the kids sleep. It also hurts to see Amanda feeling uncomfortable and sickly so often.. she must be feeling awful as well. When will this finally stop? Sigh, its tough! But but but.... I always try to console myself by reminding myself how difficult can these be when compared to other people who have no family support, no work, illnesses to cope with etc etc.
Of course, the husband and I have been exhausted looking after her and stressed at having to ask for help amidst busy work schedules. Even when there was help, for which I'm always grateful, having to cope with the disrupted and few hours of sleep has been taking a toll on work. The worst was when Amanda woke at 2am and didn't sleep till 6am. I went to work the next day feeling like a zombie, and that it was an already-stressed work week with multiple deliverables and meetings didn't help. Like a chain effect, it brought my productivity down, which meant taking longer hours to complete a task at hand, resulting in me having to work at night after the kids sleep. It also hurts to see Amanda feeling uncomfortable and sickly so often.. she must be feeling awful as well. When will this finally stop? Sigh, its tough! But but but.... I always try to console myself by reminding myself how difficult can these be when compared to other people who have no family support, no work, illnesses to cope with etc etc.
I just do hope Amanda, being the second child and having had contracted multiple viruses and germs since a much younger age, would have a stronger immunity than Wayne, and she would settle in in school without coming home germified every other week.
No comments:
Post a Comment