Friday, September 5, 2014

Upset.

What supposedly was to be a fun time with the kids last evening turned out to be an upsetting time, with Wayne having one of his full-blown meltdowns. Granted it doesnt happen that often, but coupled with the number of tantrums he threw during our recent trip, it really got me pretty upset and disappointed with him. I was hardly angry, just really upset. And it got me wondering about my parenting style. I know disciplining the kids is not my strength, and I am seeing the results of it. It doesn't feel good seeing him throw such tantrums and it certainly does not feel good not being able to control my kids. Worst of all is seeing him behaving rudely to the elders.

I need to re-look at my parenting style and stop thinking that love is all that is needed in helping them grow up right and grow up well. Cos I'm obviously wrong and need to do a better job.

1 comment:

  1. There is no right or wrong parenting style, it all depends on how ur kids react to it and their character too, some need it soft, others hard. So u need to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete