Amanda has not been spared changes in this new year as well. With the new routine for Wayne, Amanda has had to go through a major one herself, one for which she has totally triumphed, surprising us all with her adaptability. All without any tears!
She started attending a new pre-school since 1 March, so it has been almost a month now. Amazingly, on her first day, she gave each of us (daddy, mommy and Wayne) a big hug and wave, and stayed throughout the day by herself without fear or tear. We were so proud of her! I wondered if it was a delayed reaction, half expecting her to cry the next few days, but nope, she didn’t. She seems to really enjoy this new school, and I’m really happy. To think how worried we were that she won’t be able to adapt! In fact, I had already applied for leave on her first day and was prepared to stay with her for at least the first few hours, so when she waved goodbye, I was a little stumped. Turned out, daddy and mommy had an opportunity to have an afternoon date, for which we chose to have coffee and snacks at Sofitel Sentosa.
In case you are wondering, the reason for this change was purely from a logistics point of view. With Wayne moving to the morning session from next year, it means that I would have to leave home with Wayne really early while daddy brings Amanda to school. Our initial plan was to put Amanda on a school bus to Paragon but since that service is no longer available, the next choice was to shift Amanda to a school within walking distance, so that’s we did.
To be honest, we were quite sad to leave Paragon. It was Wayne’s home away from home the last four years, and Amanda’s for the last year. The teachers adore the kids, and towards Amanda’s last day, some of the teachers said they had to ask Miss Afiqah to come back on Amanda’s last day. I was touched to hear that. Amanda’s good friend, Miu Miu’s mommy prepared a farewell gift and card for her and asked repeatedly when her last day would be, just so that she could make sure Miu Miu would be around to say goodbye to Amanda. These relationships are indeed precious and what has made the kids love their school. But change is necessary, and I’m hoping that Amanda’s new school would be as wonderful an experience for her as it was in Paragon.
Here’s Amanda enjoying the Japanese rice balls she made during gourmet session.
Hooray to my little champ for adapting so well!
















No comments:
Post a Comment