After two weeks of having a bare undecorated christmas tree sitting in our living room and another week with it being pathetically half decorated ( it looked quite sad really) FINALLY, our tree is up and ready to be showcased!
We are really looking forward to Christmas. The time of lots of presents! Yay! And, Christmas this year is extra extra special for us for two reasons.
Firstly, because we have Wayne with us this year. While in previous years, xmas was no doubt a pretty special season to look forward to, it wasn't really a 'have to be special' kind of celebration for us. Between HK and I, I think we're pretty much over the hype of exchanging presents n having ham n turkey - you know what I mean? Yep, I still want my presents but even if we just hung out by ourselves in our rooms not doing anything special, I think I would still have been okay with that. But this year, with Wayne, it's different. Cos little Wayne is a baby. A kid. And every kid loves Christmas and believes in Santa. And in reindeers and xmas stockings and surprise presents. Christmas IS important to all kids! Therefore, Christmas has become really important for us as well. So I'm going all out to make sure Wayne's first Xmas is a fantastic one for him! Well he may not know now how special xmas is but he will one day and when he looks back at his photos, he'll be glad he had a happy first year xmas celebration. =)
And the second reason why xmas is extra special this year is because we get to celebrate christmas in our very own home. That means being able to put up a xmas tree and invite guests over and have cool xmas parties. Yeah!
So to get us in the mood for xmas, it has to start with getting our xmas tree up and having lots of pressies underneath it! I wont reveal much about the pressies at this moment (its supposed to be a surprise isnt it?!) but here's our beautiful xmas tree!
We opted for a gold coloured theme (the way HK liked it!) and with lots of ribbons and flowers (the way I liked it!). And instead of the traditional star at the top of the tree, I chose to create my own with lots of ribbons! Nice? =)
We are really looking forward to Christmas. The time of lots of presents! Yay! And, Christmas this year is extra extra special for us for two reasons.
Firstly, because we have Wayne with us this year. While in previous years, xmas was no doubt a pretty special season to look forward to, it wasn't really a 'have to be special' kind of celebration for us. Between HK and I, I think we're pretty much over the hype of exchanging presents n having ham n turkey - you know what I mean? Yep, I still want my presents but even if we just hung out by ourselves in our rooms not doing anything special, I think I would still have been okay with that. But this year, with Wayne, it's different. Cos little Wayne is a baby. A kid. And every kid loves Christmas and believes in Santa. And in reindeers and xmas stockings and surprise presents. Christmas IS important to all kids! Therefore, Christmas has become really important for us as well. So I'm going all out to make sure Wayne's first Xmas is a fantastic one for him! Well he may not know now how special xmas is but he will one day and when he looks back at his photos, he'll be glad he had a happy first year xmas celebration. =)
And the second reason why xmas is extra special this year is because we get to celebrate christmas in our very own home. That means being able to put up a xmas tree and invite guests over and have cool xmas parties. Yeah!
So to get us in the mood for xmas, it has to start with getting our xmas tree up and having lots of pressies underneath it! I wont reveal much about the pressies at this moment (its supposed to be a surprise isnt it?!) but here's our beautiful xmas tree!
We opted for a gold coloured theme (the way HK liked it!) and with lots of ribbons and flowers (the way I liked it!). And instead of the traditional star at the top of the tree, I chose to create my own with lots of ribbons! Nice? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment