Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas Special Part 2 : Thanksgiving

The year is coming to an end very soon.. reflecting back, 2009 has been a really good year for me. I truly feel very thankful for many things in my life. Since 2006, there has been so many good things happening in my life that I cant help but just feel very grateful. I think everything went on a high since the time Huakai proposed to me. We spent most of 2007 preparing for our wedding. There were the gowns, banquet, flowers, rings and so many more to take care of. And then in May 2008, we had our dream wedding and went on the most fantastic honeymoon in Alaska and Canada. Shortly, in Aug 2008, I got pregnant and then we spent the next 9 months preparing for the arrival of our sweet son. And all the while, things were going good in every other aspects of our lives, like our work, family and friends. With weddings and pregnancies, all good news and happy moments, its hard not to feel that I am at the peak of my life.

So therefore, I feel I'm at a point in my life now where I am happiest. I feel contented, happy and most of all thankful for the life that I have now. Of course, I hope to achieve more in life if I could, but really, being where I am now.. I think I'd be happy for the next 10 years at least.

Well a big part contributing to the 'high' in my life is from being a mommy this year. I think all moms out there would probably be able to understand. Its just this incredulously satisfying feeling of caring and bringing up your little one which gives you such a sense of joy and satisfaction. Just a smile from little Wayne is able to warm my heart entirely and make me feel all the sleepless nights and sacrifices are well worth it. The happiness is indescribable. Actually, it makes me wanna have a second child soon, like now. Instead of 2 to 3 years later. The only thing holding me back is the fact that, that would mean having to split my attention away from Wayne. Its like I havent had enough of him and with another baby, I'd have to cut my time with him by half or more.

Anyway, here are just some of the best things in my life:

1) The greatest husband I could ever ask for. A husband that makes me laugh every day (with his lame jokes). A husband that cheers me up when I am feeling down. A husband that shares the household chores, does the dirty work that I dislike, like cleaning the toilet. A husband that ferries me around, run errands for me, all without a complaint. A husband that dotes on me, loves me, and places me in his thoughts all the time. And most of all, a husband that makes me feel like the greatest wife and mother in the world, when I am clearly NOT.

2) The cutest, most adorable little son. Little Wayne, you are so perfect in mommy's eyes. The sweetest little boy, who has taught and shown mommy what unconditional love is all about. Before you, mommy never knew I was capable of loving someone so much. Even at your naugthiest, mommy cant help but love you with ALL my heart. And, even your poo smells so good to mommy!

3) My wonderful close knit family. They are fun, loving, supportive and just the greatest bunch of people I could ever ask for in a family. Dad, Mom, Mich, Terry, Viv, Ken and Elaine. I love you guys to bits.

4) A job that allows me to work 4 day weeks, which gives me the flexibility to spend more time with Wayne. A job that I'm fairly comfortable with and which I don't hate. And which pays me enough money for my shopping. =) A boss that is understanding, appreciative and easy to work with. A team that is ever supportive.

5) And lastly, I am thankful for the good health of the people around me. I think thats of the most importance. And I pray always, good health will always be with us.

So as 2010 approaches, I really hope that all these happy moments in my life will stay and when the year comes to an end again, I can once again say I am thankful for a great 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment