..by a cockroach. I hate cockroaches. Spoilt my entire Wednesday morning, mommy’s day off with Wayne Wayne. Sigh. And Wayne got freaked out too seeing mommy being freaked out. Sorry darling, mommy is useless I know, but I cant help it! I really am terrified of cockroaches.
Anyway…. Here’s what happened.
Mommy and Wayne Wayne were happily playing with moo moo cow in the bedroom in the morning. And Wayne was sitting by the curtains when I suddenly spotted that hideous looking cockroach on the curtain, just probably a palm’s length away from his head. AND I SCREAMED!!!! I just shouted WAYNE WAYNE!!!!!! And Wayne just looked up at me, terrified and burst out crying. Probably from seeing my panic strickened face. But I was quick as lightning. Immediately, I grabbed Wayne and ran out of the room, my heart beating so damn fast. I was so scared but at the same time was also trying to keep calm so as not to scare Wayne further. Poor Wayne Wayne, he was so scared he was crying away. While pacifying him, I also had to keep an eye on the damn cockroach making sure I could still see it. Thank goodness it just stood still on the floor by the curtain.
Anyway…. Here’s what happened.
Mommy and Wayne Wayne were happily playing with moo moo cow in the bedroom in the morning. And Wayne was sitting by the curtains when I suddenly spotted that hideous looking cockroach on the curtain, just probably a palm’s length away from his head. AND I SCREAMED!!!! I just shouted WAYNE WAYNE!!!!!! And Wayne just looked up at me, terrified and burst out crying. Probably from seeing my panic strickened face. But I was quick as lightning. Immediately, I grabbed Wayne and ran out of the room, my heart beating so damn fast. I was so scared but at the same time was also trying to keep calm so as not to scare Wayne further. Poor Wayne Wayne, he was so scared he was crying away. While pacifying him, I also had to keep an eye on the damn cockroach making sure I could still see it. Thank goodness it just stood still on the floor by the curtain.
After managing to calm Wayne somewhat, I quickly put him in his high chair and went to the kitchen to get this plastic container planning to cover the cockroach, trapping it there until hk got back to KILL it. Unfortunately I missed when trying to cover it. And it ran a few steps further and stopped, hiding behind Wayne’s book and the cupboard. Darn. So I quickly got the Baygon out, thinking how I could spray on it, without getting too close. And without sacrificing too many of Wayne’s toys which were in the middle of the room. Sigh, no choice I thought. So I sprayed on it and it started to run, going crazy! Really, like it was drunk. It ran in a zig zag manner, went up the curtain towards the ceiling then came all the way down again, really fast. It was going at such a fast pace, I was so afraid it would just run out of the room towards us - it was mad. So I quickly sprayed the Baygon all around the door frame and closed down the bedroom door. And sprayed more Baygon on the floor just outside the room, in case it crawled out through the gap between the door and floor. Phew.
Thank goodness hk was planning to come back home during lunch that day, so I was like in the living room with Wayne just waiting for hk to come and kill the cockroach. All the time paranoid that it would creep out. And even when I was feeding Wayne I would get all paranoid. I kept feeling like something was in my shirt near my neck, turned out to be the clothes label at the behind of my top. The I felt something on my thighs, turned out to be wayne’s feet brushing against my leg. Ergh I just hate the cockroach man. And I think Wayne got quite freaked out, cos he was all edgy that morning. Damn that cockroach.
And half the time I was also thinking how I would be able to clean Wayne’s room up. I sprayed Baygon in his room, lots of it, and CLOSED down the door. Trapping all the Baygon poison in the room. So I will probably have to wash everything in the room right? Just thinking of the cleaning makes me feel sick.
Anyway when HK got back, he found it lying on the floor upside down, struggling a little. Dead enough. And I was just so thankful that he found it cos I cant imagine how paranoid I’d be if he didn’t manage to find it. It could be ANYWHERE in the house. I wouldn’t have been able to sleep that night I’m sure.
I can’t say this enough, but I really HATE cockroaches. And I’m quite sure it’s a matter of time before it comes to attack me again. Sigh. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that when it happens I wont be alone at home with Wayne.
Thank goodness hk was planning to come back home during lunch that day, so I was like in the living room with Wayne just waiting for hk to come and kill the cockroach. All the time paranoid that it would creep out. And even when I was feeding Wayne I would get all paranoid. I kept feeling like something was in my shirt near my neck, turned out to be the clothes label at the behind of my top. The I felt something on my thighs, turned out to be wayne’s feet brushing against my leg. Ergh I just hate the cockroach man. And I think Wayne got quite freaked out, cos he was all edgy that morning. Damn that cockroach.
And half the time I was also thinking how I would be able to clean Wayne’s room up. I sprayed Baygon in his room, lots of it, and CLOSED down the door. Trapping all the Baygon poison in the room. So I will probably have to wash everything in the room right? Just thinking of the cleaning makes me feel sick.
Anyway when HK got back, he found it lying on the floor upside down, struggling a little. Dead enough. And I was just so thankful that he found it cos I cant imagine how paranoid I’d be if he didn’t manage to find it. It could be ANYWHERE in the house. I wouldn’t have been able to sleep that night I’m sure.
I can’t say this enough, but I really HATE cockroaches. And I’m quite sure it’s a matter of time before it comes to attack me again. Sigh. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that when it happens I wont be alone at home with Wayne.
No comments:
Post a Comment