Thursday, January 14, 2010

That heartwarming moment..

You know how everyone talks about the bonding that forms between mommy & baby when breastfeeding? Having breastfed Wayne for 7 months, I can attest to it.. I really miss those moments when Wayne would be latched on to me, drinking his milk. Because that's when I experience some of the most heartwarming moments with little Wayne Wayne - he would be latched on to me, happily drinking his milk, when he'd stop for a second, unlatch and look me in the eye, and give me the sweetest heart-melting smile, and the next moment back to drinking his milk. Its like his way of stopping whatever he is doing and telling me he loves me in his own way. And THAT, totally melts my heart.

Well, now that I've stopped breastfeeding, I no longer experience those moments.. but guess what, mommy has found another precious bonding time with Wayne!

Which is at night, just before bedtime. I am usually the one putting Wayne to sleep at night. We'd both lie down on mommy & daddy's bed. And I'd usually ignore him so that he wont think its play time and Wayne would be crawling all over, flipping around the bed, before he finally gets tired and sleepy. And THAT's when the special feeling comes in. =) When he's like all tired and ready to sleep, he'll 'stone' for a while staring into nowhere, then he'd slowly crawl towards mommy, prop his head on my tummy or chest and lie there sleeping. Awww.. its like he just wants to fall asleep by mommy's side. I can't describe it, but its just this incredible sweet feeling. That makes mommy's heart go all soft and feel all the sacrifices in life for little Wayne are all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment