Monday, May 21, 2012

30 weeks & counting down

If we were still mulling over whether to have a C-section or natural delivery for this pregnancy, today's visit to Dr Lee's probably provided an answer. Sigh. After hearing Dr Lee tell us about how "if he was pregnant, he won't take that 1% chance of the womb rupturing", I guess we will be going for a C-section. 

Well, we still have a few more weeks to think about it.

At 30 weeks, baby is growing well. Still on the big side, approximately 1.6kg, and almost 2 weeks bigger than her 'age'. As for mommy, I now weigh 53.4kg, up 0.4 kg since my last visit on the 3rd this month, and that's a total of 6kg i've put on. I am putting on much less weight than my first pregnancy. Comparing to the previous round, at 30 weeks, I had put on 9.7 kg. I guess that is good, since baby is big. Hopefully it makes it easier to shed the weight after delivery.

My sugar & thyroid level are all within control.  Pulse rate a big high, but nothing to be concerned, probably a side effect of the Ventolin tablets I am on.

So all is well, and meanwhile, mommy & daddy needs to start being a bit more active in preparing for baby's arrival. Not that much time left! Counting down!!


No comments:

Post a Comment