Thursday, May 3, 2012

Diet control??

I thought pregnancy is the only time when you can eat all you want and not worry about anything. Apparently not. Dr Lee has put me on diet control… can you believe it?? All because baby girl is now 2 weeks bigger than her right size.

We went to Dr Lee for our long awaited routine check-up. Long awaited because the last time we saw baby girl was a month ago. How mommy misses you, little girl! Happy to know you are growing well.. a bit too well, as now mommy needs to control my food intake, especially all the sugary sweet stuff which mommy so loves. In another 2 weeks, I will have to go for my thyroid and glucose blood test and we will see baby girl in another 3 weeks.

I am now at 53kg, up 2 kg since the last month. And that makes it about 5.5kg I have put on since the start of the pregnancy.

This pregnancy is not entirely smooth sailing, today Dr Lee assessed that my uterus was hardening, due to baby growing too fast and too big, so I need to rest more, walk less, eat less and take some pills to soften the uterus (sigh.. more pills!). Also, discovered a lump at my underarms which I need to get checked out tomorrow. Dr Lee is not worrying much about that as it looks more like a lymph node inflammation rather than a tumour, though he has still ordered me to go for a breast ultrasound tomorrow … just-in-case.

Anyway, despite all these, I’m still feeling very happy and excited over baby girl. Am really looking forward to all the preparation in the coming two months .. and to finally holding baby girl in my arms. 14 July 2012. That's the planned date….. for now. =)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha, u can't eat sweet things liao, no more Baskin robbins too...better lah if not like me become huge monster.
    not to worry abt the lump, most likely lymph node swollen, i got before too. hah 5.5kg is peanuts lah u put on...i tink last time i at 7 mths, i'm already 15kg past my original weight..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, looks like my tub of ice cream at home has to go down the chute.
      but precisely.. i didn't really put on that much, but dr lee said to control my diet.. upset!!! haha!! i will miss all my desserts. sigh.....

      Delete
  2. Don't worry too much gal. Rest well and all will be fine. Will be praying for you here =)
    Jia you!

    ReplyDelete