I was preparing Amanda's food over the weekend and enjoyed it so much (though it involved nothing difficult!) and I was reminded of the times I experimented in the kitchen preparing meals for Wayne three years back. I remember the satisfaction I got from just preparing healthy nutritious food for him and watching him gobble them up. It was really fun, and now that Amanda has started her semi solids, it's round two of the much enjoyed experience! I try to prepare two kinds of puree during weekends and freeze them, with supply for about 5 days.
It has been three months since Amanda started semi-solids at six months old and so far she has had her share of apples, pears, plums, carrot, broccoli, pumpkin, potatoes, avocado, sweet potato, fish, chicken, spinach, french beans, papaya and various kind of cereals and brown rice. From single grain rice cereal, to two grains, and now multi grains (up to 7) as well as brown rice for her porridge. She has just recently also started having puffs and biscuits - kor-kor Wayne's favorites in the past, and mommy and daddy's 'hope' towards having Amanda on the dining table that bit longer.
![]() |
| Brown rice and pasta |
While Amanda has tasted all the food mentioned above, it's not all to her liking and Amanda is one girl who doesn't hesitate to show her dislike! Especially at the first taste. She scrunches up her face, seals her lips tight and uses her hands to push her spoon away. But I've come to realize, after some persistence on mommy's part, and a few more tries, she usually grows to accept the new taste and finishes her food.
So which was a yay and which a nay? Generally she liked the vegetables and meat but not so much the fruits. In fact, the pear was the only fruit she didn't scrunch up her face in disgust and scream at the second spoon feed. I foresee a lot of patience will be needed to force this little girl to open her taste bud to all kinds of taste and textures - and good thing mommy has a lot of that!
This time round, with Amanda, mommy has the Beaba BabyCook, which mommy absolutely loves. Its so convenient to steam and puree her food, as its done all-in-one using this Babycook. You can even cook rice with this. And the accessories are so pretty, it is such a joy to prepare her food. Mommy is a fan of Beaba and am so glad daddy bought this for me. Looking forward to more meal times with Amanda!
Various meal time photos:
10 March 2013
Cereal with Avocado
9 April 2013
Blend of pumpkin and sweet potato
14 April 2013
Amanda was having french beans with cereal




















No comments:
Post a Comment