Saturday, December 14, 2013

Home : Hacking starts!

Renovation for our new home has officially started on 2nd Dec with the hacking works first in line. Our excitement level has been increasing along with the weeks as we get a better glimpse into how our new place would be like. I'm trying not to keep my expectations too high lest I get disappointed with the end results (I know myself too well). But it's hard! I'm just so excited! 

We know the process wouldn't be entirely smooth sailing but we didn't expect hiccups just the second day in. While hacking the area between the kitchen and third bedroom, they discovered that there was a curb which needed additional approvals to go ahead. That was solved easily. Next they hacked the entrance wall and (surprise!) there was a pole in the wall which no one knew about. There was nothing much they could do about this pole, which meant Russ had to tweak his original design for that area. 

I sure hope that this is about all the surprises we'd be getting!

Surprise curb between the kitchen and bedroom #3

Surprise pole out of no where

1 comment:

  1. Maybe hack here n there, u suddenly find like millions hidden away!!!!

    ReplyDelete