27 December 2013
It's my last work trip for the year. Despite the numerous trips, it doesn't make the being-apart-from-the-kids part any easier. Each time I leave, I can't help but feel a bit of that 'why must I travel for work' bitterness creeping in but I quickly pull myself out of it and remind myself how blessed I am to have this job and to have the income I earn coming in for the family. Truth is, we need the money for many things, and while there is truth to the saying 'money can't buy happiness', money does give us the freedom to enjoy some luxuries in life. And besides, with the family support I have when traveling, what more can I say. I really shouldn't be complaining. I count my blessings daily. And I can't thank my family enough for supporting me in this working-mother journey - mom, dad, yeye, nainai, ah por and of course, my dearest husband.
It's the year end and I make it a point to recall all the good that has happened this year and indeed I have a lot to be grateful for. We have much to look forward to, and I thank God for everything he has blessed us with.
On a separate note, grandma is leaving for Japan tomorrow for 5 long weeks! How we will miss her! Especially during Chinese New Year! How we wish we could all be there too to welcome baby Lucas! Counting down to his arrival!!
And.. 4 more days to the New Year! Looks like the partying from Christmas continues into the coming week and into the Chinese New Year very soon. In case I don't drop by this blog by then, Happy New Year everyone! Love you all much!
No comments:
Post a Comment