Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sportiness : genetic or nurtured?

I have never been very sporty from young. I can't cycle well,  have no ball sense and till today, can't even swim. Nevermind the fact that I used to be in the cross-country team in secondary school and even represented the school in the national cross-country meet (How did that happen?!). 

So naturally,  after the hubs realized that I had next to zero of an athletic bone in me, I have conveniently become the reason for Wayne's lack of sportiness. Our dear boy, you see, would very much prefer to spend hours building up his Lego collections at home than to spend the morning outdoors basking in the sunshine. But before we go to that, is sportiness even genetically passed down? The whole nature vs nurture debate. I don't know, but well since Wayne is a boy and he isn't really showing much inclination for sports,  I guess we just have to put in that additional effort to nurture to make up for the lack of nature (if any).


Hence, our weekends have been lined up with more scooting, cycling and swimming sessions. The kids go downstairs, perspire and have their fancy milk treat, which is really nothing more  than getting to go to 7-eleven and choosing a milk of their liking, such a thrill for the kids. It has been on-going for quite a while now, and the extra sunshine and perspiration has been doing much good for everyone, inside and out!





Active kids make happy kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment