My new found mission these days seems to be rushing to office each work day, finishing my work as early as I can, and rushing off to pick Wayne up in the evenings. Target time: 515pm. I get so 'kan cheong' when I leave work any later than 530pm, worried that Wayne would wonder where's mommy. Now that its a month that Wayne is in school, and seeing how well he has adapted, I really should stop this 'kan cheong' behavior of mine.
I'm thankful work has been flexible enough to allow me to leave, sometimes as early as 430pm. And I've managed to juggle both work and family pretty well the past month. And I am really really happy. We spend so much time together as a family ever since Wayne started going to school, mainly because we no longer have to travel and spend hours on the roads each day. Daily, we just commute between River Valley, Paragon and Raffles Place. Love it. No more traffic jams!
And thats not it, I feel a sense of satisfaction and achievement in a way. I've been cooking so much more often these days, makes me feel like I can be a good housewife too, something I probably never thought I could do. And thats on top of managing the laundry and other housework. And my little growing belly too!
Our new routine?
700am Mommy wakes up, bathes and gets ready for work
730am Daddy wakes up, bathes and gets ready for work
740am Wayne wakes up, drinks his milk, brushes his teeth and changes into his uniform
Mommy/Daddy makes sure his school bag is complete with all he needs for that day
810am Leave home for Paragon
820am Say goodbye to Wayne, he'd give mommy a hug and kiss and then daddy gets his hug and kiss & we leave
845am Daddy and mommy reach Raffles Place & head to work
515pm Mommy leaves work, drives to Paragon
530pm Mommy reaches Paragon, buy groceries from MarketPlace & bread from Breadtalk
545pm Mommy picks Wayne up & we head home
600pm Mommy bathes Wayne & spend a bit of time playing and talking to him
Mommy throws one round of laundry into the washing machine
630pm Wayne plays alone & mommy prepares dinner for Wayne and for mommy and daddy
715pm Wayne has his dinner
730pm Daddy is home and its mommy & daddy's turn to eat
830pm Mommy/Daddy wash the dishes and takes turn to play with Wayne
930pm Wayne goes to bed, Mommy/Daddy prepares his bag for school the next day
While I cook Wayne's dinner everyday, I don't cook for myself and HK everyday. Just 3 times a week, the rest of the 2 weekdays, we'd usually 'da bao' for a day, and go out to eat another day. Its much better now that Wayne has his afternoon milk in school and also sleeps there. Otherwise, when we get back home, I'd also have to prepare his milk and make him sleep for at least an hour plus before dinner.
Wayne's dinner last night: Rice with ikan bilis soup, pumpkin, pork slices, mushrooms, spinach

Daddy does his share by taking care of the house - the cleaning, mopping of the floors, and washing of the toilets during weekends. He washes the dishes and he also does his own ironing.
So we manage rather easily and happily, sharing the workload. Of course, the above routine doesn't leave us much personal time. Well, daddy gets his share of 'me' time when Wayne goes to bed, but for mommy, I usually end up dozing off together with Wayne! So its really zero 'me' time that I get.. but I'm all happy. And weekends, mommy & daddy occasionally leaves Wayne with our parents and go for some dating time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment