Monday, March 5, 2012

Third day's challenge


"Mama!!!!! Wayne wait and wait and wait for mama and mama didnt come... mama come too late...*sob sob sob*...mama drive too slowly..." and went on sobbing. "

That was how Wayne reacted when he saw me the moment I picked him up from school on Day 3.

As warned by the teachers, usually the day after the weekend would be a challenge for the kids to start school again. At home, Wayne started to cry a bit already, and told us he didnt want to sleep and bathe in school. But asked him if he wanted to go, he said yes. But not to bathe and sleep. Good enough for mommy to hear that.

Mommy was on half day leave.. we were contemplating letting Wayne stay a full day. At noon, I called the school again to check on him. Miss Threez told me he was sobbing and eating his lunch at the same time. Softy mommy decided against letting him stay a full day and quickly went and get him.

When I arrived he was waiting for me at the reception area and I could hear him crying from the entrance. When he saw me, he was half crying and half smiling at the same time and started to 'scold' me. Hehe, really cute. Mommy's heart ached seeing him cry but after talking to the Teacher, she told me he actually did quite well that day too. During class, he participated and could follow instructions, only crying when it was time for the kids to nap as they switched off the lights so she brought him out to the reception to wait for me.

I think my little boy is quite ready for half day's in school but the challenge is really getting past the shower and napping time in school as he seemed really afraid of the dark. Jia you, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment