Sunday, January 12, 2014

Home : 2 more weeks

Just two more weeks before we will be moving home. I didn't realize that it has been more than 3 months since we purchased our home! Two months for the sale to transact and two months for the renovation. Counting down to the 25th when we move, I am feeling both nervous and excited, as we embark on this new phase of our lives in our new home.

The past 3 months have been filled with much happiness, as the husband and I, built our future home step by step together with Russ. From all the furniture hunting and nailing down of the design for our house, it has been really fulfilling. We now just have to wait for everything that we have labored for in the past months to come together, as the finishing touches of the renovations works gets completed and the individual pieces of furniture HK and I had carefully chosen gets delivered. I am so excited to see the final outcome of all our sweat and hard work!!

We are almost at the finishing line, having settled most of the items. We still have a couple of items which we haven't bought, such as our divan, living hall standing lamp, third bedroom ceiling lights and most importantly... our dining chairs. The dining chair hunt has been really challenging! It certainly feels like we have seen all the dining chairs available in Singapore but still, we have not managed to find the ideal one. With time running out, and with most chairs needing to be indent, some taking up to  3 or 4 months to arrive, we may well be chair-less if we don't make a decision soon! We have also not decided on the theme for the kids rooms, if we would want to go for wallpapers or just colors, but this can probably wait. The kids room is currently all planned in white! I really hope the kids love their new room and for this reason also, we want to get it right and not rush into it. Designing the kids room is really fun!

I have been trying to capture on blog each step of this home journey, but the time factor has been really challenging with everything on our plate at the moment. It will take me a while but I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment