Monday, August 20, 2012

Bonding over tea

Last Tuesday, I brought Amanda out for the first time.. just two days after my confinement. It is the start of many breakfast and tea sessions with my little girl and I am so looking forward to that already. I've got my list of places to go all ready!

Chilling out in a cafe has got to be one of the stuff that we so took for granted in the past when it was just me and HK. These days, with two kids in tow, we count our lucky stars if we manage to squeeze in just an hour of doing-nothing-but-chatting-reading-surfing-eating at a cafe on a lazy afternoon. Bliss.

Be it alone, with daddy or with friends, there's always something so relaxing about having afternoon tea.  Ever since having kids, these slots of 'me' moments from time to time really makes a big difference in maintaining my sanity in my otherwise Wayne-Amanda-only world (not that I am complaining, I still think I would love having three!). All I need is a magazine, good book or my laptop with me and I will be happy to while my hours away over a cuppa.

So these four months while I am on maternity leave, with Amanda still in her 'sleeping most of the time' mode, I am going to catch up on all these 'me' come bonding sessions with Amanda.

So for a start, this afternoon, we went to Canele at Robertson Quay, just a short walk from home. 

Amanda awake but being very much the cooperative baby as I munched away





Just an hour, but very much happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment