Sunday, August 19, 2012

'Fruits and vegetables' excursion

How fun it was having one whole bus load of cute and hyper pre-schoolers all super excited to visit a vegetable farm - Wayne included! After having missed the previous zoo excursion, Wayne was really looking forward to this trip... even before we reached Paragon, Wayne kept asking momma to hurry 'in case the bus leaves without Wayne'. He almost didn't let mommy grab a cup of coffee before going up to Mindchamps for fear of being late! 

Arriving in class and posing with his new best friend Conrad

Gathering for the "Good morning" song which they sang daily

Each kid had a name tag with the contact details of the school in case they got lost outside. Wayne proudly wearing his.

Conrad was the only one who didn't need to have his name tag shortened.. he was half a head taller than all his friends! Wayne told mommy that he wanted a blue cap too, like Conrad's.. he was a little upset he didn't have a cap to wear on his excursion, seeing that some of his friends had one.

With Felicia, who always calls HK & I mommy and daddy (I don't know why!)

And after all the attendance taking and administrative stuff, all the kids and parents headed to Green Circle Eco Farm. It was a happy mad house in the bus throughout the journey there as all the kids were in their hyper and super excited state.. they sang songs together and shouted each others names to see where their friends were seated, it was really cute. 

First on the agenda was a short 'lesson' by the owner of the farm, teaching the kids (and us adults!) about the beauty of nature



At one point, she needed two girls and two boys to go to the front to help her with some illustrations.. although Wayne was seated in the first row, as expected he went "pa pa" when I asked him to go to the front. Micaela his bestie, was all happy to go up, grinning so sweetly.

After the short lesson, they were brought round the farm to see various fruits and vegetables

Touching various leaves to differentiate between hard and soft leaves

Walking through the farm with Miss Afiqah who so kindly carried Wayne throughout cos.... mommy was busy whacking the mosquitoes attacking my leg (sigh). Have a look at the below few photos and you'd realize how 'natural' the farm was.. I felt like I was jungle tracking.. this place was so not for me, while other parents and kids were gamely  exploring the various plants, I was busy chasing away the mosquitoes and ants (Not model behavior, I know!). I  even tried to bribe Wayne into not joining the tour and staying put at the sheltered area, only to have him scream repeatedly to Miss Afiqah asking her to "WAIT FOR ME MISS AFIQAH!!!".. I had no choice but to quickly follow the group.







After the tour (phew!!!), the 
kids were then taught how to grow a plant in a cup, and Wayne was most excited when he heard they could each plant one


I was so impressed he could remember each step so well and completed his plant so quickly! He needed no help from me at all!





Wayne's plant - yay!

Love this photo of Micaela and Wayne, proudly showing off their plant!

Last up, the kids were introduced various fruits and vegetables and they were free to touch and explore them  (nothing as stressful as the farm walkabout!)..


And for some, the highlight of the trip was also the chance to touch some earthworms! Eewww.... Haha!

And so the excursion ended with that, and we all headed back to Paragon shortly after noon. 

And guess what Wayne told me after we got home that day? He told me "Momma momma, I will tell Miss Afiqah and laoshi and all my friends to come to Martin Place to see mei mei, that is the next excursion (to see mei mei).."  Now how sweet is that?!!! Love my little Wayne to bits!


No comments:

Post a Comment