Amanda's arrival : 10 Day Special (Day One)
#1 Our hospital room number 4370, where we spent 4 days and 3 nights. The room was pretty nice, with it being recently renovated. Much nicer than when I delivered Wayne (Room 4438 I remember). Nothing against foreigners, but we did realize that this time round all the nurses (or most) were foreigners, wasn't that obvious back in 2009.
#2 Identifying mommy and my allergy to Bactrium. Not shown here is also this electronic tag that matches with one on Amanda's ankle. Apparently if someone takes away the baby, an alarm will sound and the doors of the ward will lock. Also, when baby is brought to mommy and its the wrong baby or wrong mommy, the alarm will sound too. Quite cool eh. Something new since 2009.
# 3 Cordlife - The box that we needed to bring into the operating theatre with us, contains all the necessary documents and equipments needed to collect the cord blood. Just as with Wayne, we signed up for a 10 year storage plan with Cordlife.. costs us $3k in 2009 and $4k in 2012. Inflation.
#4 Birth cards - Both Wayne and Amanda were 50cm in length but Wayne was a mere 2.565kg compared to Amanda weighing 3.320kg
![]() |
| Amanda's in 2012 |
![]() |
| Wayne's in 2009 |
#5 Family members were eager to check out the little princess immediately after birth
![]() |
| Daddy's girl for sure |
![]() |
| San-yi and Kor kor Wayne, with grandpa in the background |
![]() |
| Nainai and yeye |
![]() |
| Grandma and grandpa |
![]() |
| Ah por |
![]() |
| San yi and Uncle Ken with Wayne |
![]() |
| Xiao yi! |
#6 Pirate mei mei - as Wayne nick-named her, as Amanda only opened one eye in the first few hours after birth
![]() |
| One eye |
![]() |
| Two eyes |
#7 First poo in her life at 830pm! And it had to be discovered by Xiao yi!!!
![]() |
| Black in color - meconium |
#8 First feed at 3pm.. just 2 hours after being pushed out of the OT. I was looking forward to the bonding. Suckle suckle.. so cute to see them instinctively knowing to suckle immediately after birth.
#9 Proud daddy of his little girl.
Thanks daddy, I just know you'd be the best daddy ever.
#10 A's blanket on the first day. Gem of Gleneagles? No I'm a Little Miracle of Mount Elizabeth!! I'm glad it was changed the next day.
#11 Nurses commented that I filled 2 urine bags in just few hours, despite not having any water since I started fasting the night before. Hopefully its water from my body - I had bad water retention.
6 hours after delivery I checked my feet, yay!! Noticeably smaller and less swollen.
#12 Weight to shed! My weight just before delivery was 58.9kg, I had put on a total of 10.9kg. I recall during delivery Dr Tay said I would have no problem losing my pregnancy weight as when he was inserting the epidural, he was amazed my back had zero fats. Yay! I hope you are right Dr Tay!




















No comments:
Post a Comment