#1 Removed all tubes - At 8am today, finally I was mobile! After being stuck to the bed the whole of yesterday, I'm glad to be about and walking! Epidural tube was removed last night at 8pm, and this morning the drips as well as urine bag were removed too. I could use the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face and freshen up. Felt so good! And with all tubes removed, it made nursing A easier, and I could go round snapping photos of her. Yay!
#2 Antibiotics - last shot
#3 Wayne's sleeping arrangement
Thanks grandma and grandpa for bravely taking up the challenge and putting up with the inconvenience.
#4 Exchange of pressies
One of the first things we did this morning was to let the kids (just Wayne actually) open the presents that they had 'bought' for each other, as part of helping Wayne accept the arrival of meimei.
Its been a long time since Wayne spent the night away from mommy and I missed my little boy. We have been so preoccupied with meimei's arrival, I hardly spoke to him yesterday. So first thing I wanted to do was to surprise Wayne with his present which I was absolutely sure he would love!
The exchange was ultra sweet. Wayne was grinning from ear to ear when he realized he had a present too. He thought that it was only him giving meimei a present. He happily posed for many photos and couldn't wait to open his present. When a nurse came in, he happily told the nurse "Meimei bought present for him'. He kept saying "I'm so happy..." and even kissed the side of meimei's cot.
Sodor Search and Rescue Centre happiness
Hello Kitty that Wayne chose for meimei
This kept Wayne occupied and entertained throughout the long hospital stay
#5 Hospital food - Its really quite yummy, you know. Or perhaps after being on a soft diet and hardly eating anything yesterday, the food just tasted very delicious. My appetite was good!! Anyway, I did remember that the food was yummy even back during Wayne's time. We were served 5 meals a day - breakfast, lunch and dinner plus teatime and supper.


#6 Amanda-licious

![]() |
| Carrying A for the first time, Wayne was excited |
#7 Visitors - Day two was spent almost entirely with visitors. Realised that we were so busy chatting with our family and friends who visited that we forgot to take any photos with them! We are so thankful for all our family and friends who came - thanks for the presents and more importantly, thanks for wanting to come to see us!!
And to Yuwen, thanks for the 30 muffins from my favorite bakery!! *super touched*
#9 Nursing - Started the first night of interrupted sleeps.. still lots of stamina being the first night only! I was feeding Amanda in the wee mornings and the baby girl reality sank in. She looked so delicate and so sweet as she latched on. I just took in all her baby-ness.. watching and watching her. I wanted to wake daddy up for an emo moment but decided against it as it was 5am (and daddy was snoring on the couch). I looked at that tiny sweet thing in my arms and my heart brimmed with pride and face glowed with joy. My baby girl.














No comments:
Post a Comment